Today, the author of this 17-day diet American doctor Michael Moreno is at the peak of popularity. He publishes books and participates in TV shows. Some years ago he worked as an ordinary family doctor in San Diego, California.
Every year after the Christmas holidays Moreno faced a problem: after the holidays his patients usually gain several pounds, as a result of which their chronic diseases worsened. Then Moreno developed a weight loss program for them.
Starting to develop a program of losing weight, Moreno proceeded from the fact that every person is a slave of his habits and it is difficult to change the way of life that leads to obesity. This takes time, which the doctor proposed to divide into three stages, each stage is 17 days.
This number is not taken from anywhere. Moreno is convinced that our body gets used to any foods and restrictions in just 17 days. Because of this, metabolism and loss of extra pounds are slowed.
Therefore, after another 17-day stage in the diet, you need to change something.
1. Cycle one
- The task of the cycle is to accelerate the metabolism and to start the process of losing weight.
- For this, patients have prescribed a diet of 1200 calories per day.
- You can eat lean meat, light sour-milk products, fruits (except bananas) and vegetables (except potatoes), drink green or herbal tea.
2. The second Cycle
- The task of the next cycle is to fix the result of the previous one and to continue to lose extra pounds.
- For this, the alternation tactics are applied: a day of high caloric value (1500 calories) replaces a low-calorie day (1200 calories).
- The permissible amount of fat is not more than one serving per day.
- This is 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil or mayonnaise, 170 grams of low-fat meat and a medium portion of tuna salad.
3. Cycle Three
- The task of the third cycle is a complete transition to a healthy diet with a global expansion of the list of acceptable right foods.
- At this stage, you need to eat deliciously and diversely.
- In general, the food system of the third cycle is similar to the 2nd cycle of the diet.
- Only protein foods are limited.
- However, you can have a glass of wine with a light snack in the form of cheese, fruit, and even (attention!) a piece of chocolate.
- Advantages of this diet: it helps you lose weight quickly and noticeably; it forms the right motivation; it is useful for health (if there are no medical contraindications); it discourages taste of harmful food, establishes a cult of healthy eating in the family; it positively affects the overall appearance.