Got a big belly? Has your weight loss journey been too difficult for you because you can’t say no to food? Have you noticed your belly is getting bigger with your age? You may be at risk. When you are obese, many diseases take over your health and reduce your quality of life. It deprives you of your right to enjoy your life due to diseases like high cholesterol, heart diseases, diabetes, stroke and some types of cancer. And the worst is, the food lovers have to settle over the salads, vegetables and the boiled food from which all the taste has been filtered. Most of the people are not in the state of being ready to compromise on it. At least I won’t.
Few of you fellas might be working out really hard to reduce your weight and look good, but reducing belly is the hardest as compared to the other body parts. However, waist is the most important for people to reduce as they want to fit in their old college jeans or their heart is pounding to wear that prom dress just one more time. But the stubborn belly fats won’t let them have their happiness achieved. It is because the belly fats contain a high amount of fat cells with catecholamine receptors that blunt lipolysis (Break down of fats and other lipids to release fatty acids).
But you don’t have to worry about the stubborn belly fat anymore. Moreover, news is that you won’t even be needed to control your stomach to call for good food. We are going to suggest you a few simple exercises that would take up a limited portion of your time and just a chair to help you reduce your belly fat.
Pro Tip: About the Chair
- When you select a chair for your abs workout at work or home, make sure it’s a steady one.
- It shouldn’t be wobbly, and arms are a no-no as well. You don’t want anything getting in the way of your workout!
- Try locating a kitchen or dining room chair for this particular workout. Even a folding chair would do if it’s stable enough.
- For obvious reasons, chairs with wheels wouldn’t be suitable.
- They would simply roll back the moment you put weight on them! Of course, some offices only have this kind.
- See if you can fix the chair by putting a lock on its wheels or taking them off altogether.
- You may also try steadying it against a wall until you get access to a non-wheeled chair.
- Moreover, you should try to get a non-cushioned chair.
- At the very least, the padding should not be so thick as to let you sink into it.
- Stand behind a chair and bend your waist at 45-degree angle.
- Put your hands on the back of the chair. Slowly twist your upper torso to right side slightly lifting your hand.
- After that do the same on another side. Repeat this process 20 times.
- When you are bent it will put stress on your abdomen, the twists will produce heat in your belly giving it enough heat to burn fats layer by layer thus 20 times repeating this process every day will reduce the strength of the hard to burn fats.
- This is your first step towards getting perfect abs that anyone would adore and towards getting rid of the belly.
16. Floor Twists
- Lay down on your back. Lift up your legs and support them with a chair.
- Put your hands behind your head and lift your upper torso using your abdomen muscles.
- Touch your left knee with your right shoulder, and similarly touch your right knee with your left shoulder.
- Repeat this process for 20 times on either side.
- This will burn the fats on the sides of your abdomen and your lower abdomen.
15. Leg Raises
- Sit on the chair and slide your body forward and support your sitting with the help of your arms.
- Make sure your buttocks are not touching the chair.
- Lift your left leg parallel to the ground. Do the same with other leg and repeat it 20 times.
- It will strengthen your legs and will help reduce thigh fat.
- And of course, it will quickly burn your abdominal fats as the muscles of that region is used the most while this exercise.
- Plank is the best known static position for burning of belly fats.
- Lean forward with the support of chair with your hand and make an angle of almost 45 degrees with the floor.
- Don’t bend your back and keep it straight.
- Stay static in this position for 30 seconds. Increase time by 10 seconds every day.
- This process will burn the fats around the waist and your back, and your abdomen muscles will be pulled.
- Bend your knees at 90 degrees and support yourself putting your hands on a chair behind your back.
- Now bend your elbows and lower down the body, similarly straighten your elbows and raise your body.
- The gap between your feet should be slightly more than that between your arms.
- Repeat this process 20 times.
- The abdominal muscles will take the stress of lifting and be dropping your body and the energy released due to it will help burn your calories accumulated around your belly.
12. The Basic Workout
- Take your seat at the chair’s edge. Make sure your tailbone isn’t pressing against the seat.
- Keep your back straight, and your shoulder blades arched against your spine.
- Bend your knees as close to right angles as possible, and keep your feet on the floor. Not able to accomplish this?
- Try adjusting the height of your chair, or trying a different one altogether.
- Get steady into this position, and catch your breath. Keep your breathing steady at all times during any kind of exercise.
- Then, put your arms at the sides, and your hands should be on the thighs. Your back shouldn’t be resting on the chair, but slightly away from it.
- Then, contract the muscles in your abdomen and lean back. Don’t touch the back of the chair if you can help it.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, and then slowly come back to the original one.
- Your back should remain straight.
- Keep your movements as slow and balanced as possible.
- Ten repetitions of this, and you should be good to move on!
11. Oblique Time
- It’s now time to start working on your obliques.
- These are your side muscles, which are just as important in abs training.
- Again, move to the edge of the chair and sit. Your knees should be at right angles, like before.
- Your feet should also be flat and on the floor. Now spread out until your feet are resting a little wider apart than your shoulder.
- You can then get ready for some more twists, only sitting down this time!
- Open up your arms, and stretch them to either side. They should be straight above the floor, not bending up or down.
- If this is not comfortable, bend your elbows and put your hands on your neck.
- Once you’re locked in this position, begin your twisting.
- Twist left, hold for three seconds; come back to your original position.
- Repeat for the right side. Each side should be twisted around three to five times.
10. More Oblique
- If you like this oblique workout, you’re in luck! We have another position in the store.
- Take a seat, and put one hand behind your neck.
- Then stretch the other hand out and raise it up.
- Make sure your posture is nice and straight, and that your core is engaged.
- Put your neck hand’s corresponding elbow as near your hip as possible.
- This would make your upper body move sideways.
- You should be feeling a stretching on the side of your raised arm.
- Bend until you feel the pull, and then hold the position for some seconds.
- Slowly move to your original position after that.
- An important note here. If you’re not able to stretch as much on one side as another, you may need to balance your strength.
- Try to engage the weaker side a little more in order to build it up.
- Otherwise, five to ten cycles of this exercise for each side would be sufficient.
9. Going Advanced
- If the above exercises are becoming a bit too easy for you, worry not.
- There’s more to come! Take it to the next level by sitting right at your chair’s edge.
- Keep your feet flat, thighs and knees pressed against each other.
- Make sure your chair is steady and fixed.
- Now hold the sides of your chair, firmly with your hands and make sure your core is strong and ready for the next move.
- Use the power of your arms to lift yourself up off the chair.
- In total, your thighs should be at least an inch or two above the seat.
- If you can manage more, so much the better!
- Don’t hunch your shoulders, keep them straight.
- Once you get used to this exercise, you can try a variety of stretching your legs out before lifting.
- When you lift, be sure to hold yourself for about ten seconds. This may take some time to get used to!
- At all events, keep breathing and maintain a straight back.
- Make sure your abs are working hard to keep you in this position.
- Once ten seconds are up, resume your seat. However, don’t put your feet down right away.
- Move them slowly back to the floor. You can rest for around ten seconds now.
- Five rounds of this exercise and you’re done.
8. Up For More?
- If that round didn’t get you going, try the last exercise.
- Sit on your chair’s edge, get in touch with your core; put your knees on your chest.
- Lean back and little, but don’t hunch your back.
- If you’ve ever tried Pilates, this exercise may seem familiar.
- The only difference is that you’re in a chair here, while Pilates would usually be on a mat.
- A word of caution; do not try this exercise unless you’re able to do all the others we’ve discussed above.
- Breathe out and keep your legs straight. You have to lean back until you almost touch the chair’s back.
- Then make sure your feet are pointing upwards. Overall, your body and legs should form a V.
- Hold on to the edges of the chair if you need to. If your balance allows it, stretch your arms right ahead of you.
- Once you’re in this position, hold yourself and breathe in deeply a few times.
- Bring up your knees to your chest again while exhaling, and stretch them out when inhaling.
- All it takes is ten breaths, in and out, and you’re done!
- This leg pumping would do wonders for your body if you complete two or three sets of the cycles.
- Bonus Section Starting!
- Along with exercise, you also need to keep an eye on your diet if you want those perfect abs.
- Don’t ruin your efforts by binging on junk food.
- Increase your intake of the following foods to get your abs much faster.
- You can get these in as a snack, in smoothies, or as part of your meals.
7. Go Nuts
- When in doubt, go for nuts. Almonds and walnuts make for great snacks or as crunchy elements in a salad.
- Whichever nut you use, however, keep the skin on whenever you can.
- When taken regularly, nuts can build up your muscles and suppress your cravings for unhealthy foods.
- Keep some mixed unsalted nuts in a jar and take a handful whenever you want a snack.
- This would keep your muscles from weakening, your skin from wrinkling, and your blood pressure under control.
- Moreover, you would be less likely to become obese or face heart diseases in the future.
6. Be A Bean Person
- Beans and other legumes can help in building muscles, burning far, and keeping your digestion in check.
- Peanuts aren’t a nut, but they are a legume.
- So feel free to succumb a little to your peanut cravings as well.
- As long as they are unsalted and your peanut butter is without sugar, peanuts can have numerous benefits.
- When taken as part of a healthy diet, beans and legumes can even prevent colon cancer.
- Obesity, heart trouble, and high blood pressure problems are three more things you can say goodbye to.
5. Green Leaves
- Popeye and our mothers were absolutely correct!
- A regular intake of spinach and other leafy greens can give us that health kick we need.
- Not only do green veggies fight cancer and heart diseases, they prevent us from many illnesses.
- These include obesity, strokes, osteoporosis, and much more.
- Additionally, spinach and other veggies can also deal with free radicals in our body.
- These are the substances that make us seem older every day.
- By increasing your veggie intake, you can end up looking much younger than you are!
4. Go for Dairy
- If you consume dairy regularly, you can see a visible difference in your weight soon.
- However, it is always best to go for natural products rather than the processed stuff.
- Make your own yogurt at home instead of going for those unhealthy containers.
- When taken regularly, a healthy amount of dairy can strengthen your bones.
- This would make your ab exercises much easier too!
3. The Ultimate Breakfast Food
- Get yourself to the supermarket and purchase some rolled oats, not the instant kind.
- Then look up some yummy recipes for overnight oatmeal so that you can get a healthy breakfast without the hassle.
- When you eat oatmeal on the regular, it can balance out your blood sugar and cholesterol.
- It can also prevent diabetes, colon cancer, excess weight, and heart troubles.
2. Egging You On
- Eggs may have a bad rep for some, but they are essentially a superfood.
- They contain all the elements to need for having strong muscles and burning the fat from your belly.
- Eat a boiled egg as a snack or as a yummy salad filler.
- Eat up the yolk too; it’s chock-full of amazing nutrients.
1. Lean Up the Meat
- If you want to be lean, eat up your lean meat.
- Turkey and similar meats are essential if you want strong muscles and a sturdy immune system.
- What’s more, eating such meats regularly could prevent several illnesses from creeping up.
- In the long run, you can also fight obesity by eating turkey rather than fatty beef.