Traditional Eastern Medicine claims that our face perfectly reflects our health and our whole lifestyle. Of course, it would be very useful if we knew if there was something our face wanted to say to us, or perhaps there are some habits that we could change. Therefore, because it is good to know what our body signals for our health, we will present you with 10 different things your face can say.
10 Things Your Face Says About Your Health
1. Laughter Lines & Wrinkles Around Your Mouth
- Wrinkles around your mouth means that you like smiling a lot.
- Even though smiling is very good for you, you need to bear in mind that the wrinkles signal a vitamin B deficiency.
- Also, cracked lips are usually caused by lack of vitamin C.
- If you have a healthy diet which is rich in vegetables, oranges, and bell peppers, it can change the lips situation positively.
- The reason for your acne might be a diet full in fats and sugars.
- Also, hormonal changes are to blame sometimes.
- However, no matter the cause, just keep the face clean and detoxify the skin from the inside by eating healthy food.
3. Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
- It can be extremely difficult to fight dark circles under the eyes, especially if you suffer from insomnia or you have an unhealthy diet.
- Also, tobacco and alcohol have a negative contribution to puffy eyes.
- Therefore, you need to get enough sleep, around 8 hours, and get rid of all your bad habits.
- What is proven to help with tired skin is a combination of exercise and a well-balanced diet.
4. Pale Skin
- If your face is paler than normal, it might mean that you have iron deficiency.
- Just try consuming more iron-rich foods, like meat and legumes.
- Bear in mind that vitamin C is also very important because it facilitates iron absorption in your body.
5. Yellow Skin
- You may have liver problems or anemia if your skin tone becomes yellow.
- It is of great importance to consult a specialist as soon as possible if you see these types of changes on your skin.
6. Skin Redness
- One of the things which can cause irritated and red skin is drinking too much coffee.
- Caffeine actually dehydrates the cells and this way it causes inflammation and redness.
- Also, if you happen to work at night and sleep during the day, it might mean that you lack vitamin D because you do not expose your skin to the sun regularly.
- Thus, cut down on the caffeine consumption or just replace the coffee with another tasty drink.
- In order to get enough vitamin D, try sunbathing daily, however, do not forget to use sunscreen.
7. Dry Skin
- The main reason for a dry and sensitive face is a poor diet.
- This can result in deficiency of the important vitamins which are responsible for the elasticity of the skin.
- Note that aging creams are very useless if you do not take care of your skin from the inside.
- Make sure you consume fruits and vegetables in different colors, only then, will you notice some improvements with your skin.
- One of the main reasons for wrinkles is sun exposure.
- Ultraviolet exposure makes sure wrinkles appear on your face, because the skin around our eyes is much thinner and more delicate.
- You should apply some sunscreen on your face to protect it from the sun and early wrinkles.
9. Swollen Face
- If you notice a swollen face, it means that you have to work out a bit more or decrease the stress level and alcohol consumption.
- These three factors can affect the process of collagen production negatively, thus making the facial skin flaccid.
- In order to make your face smoother and younger, do physical activity regularly and decrease your alcohol intake.
10. Thin & Gaunt Face
- If you have a thin or gaunt face it might mean that you have went too far with exercising or dieting.
- This way you prevent your facial skin from getting the oxygen it needs, and the cheekbone area is affected most.
- Just make your own workout plan and stick to a healthy diet so that your face looks fresh and young.
- Now that you know what your face can tell you about your health, watch out, you can improve your skin condition and health if you just pay attention and take care of it.