Many women worry about their belly areas even though men actually like it. According to an experiment that MailOnline conducted, men love a small female belly.
They find it more natural and beautiful than abs. If men’s opinions are not enough to convince you and you still want to hide your belly under your clothes, you should do it in a smart way, otherwise, there is a chance that you will make it look bigger.
1. Choose loose clothes over tight ones.
- Single-color clothes are your best choice. Dark colors really make you look more fit but it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t wear pastel colors.
- You can wear beige, cream, pistachio, and pale-pink colors. But the cut of the clothes is really the most important thing.
- Tight clothes only highlight the imperfections of your shape. It’s better to wear layers without highlighting the waist and the hips.
- You can just wear elements of the same color.
2. Pay attention to clothes & vertical stripes.
- Vertical ornaments, patterns, and stripes make you look taller and more fit.
- But you should also consider the width of the stripes and their frequency.
- Wide stripes can make you visually bigger, so choose clothes with narrow and frequent stripes.
- If you feel like a dress with stripes is too much, choose dresses or cardigans of such a color.
- Great options are black and white or white-blue colors.
3. Highlight a different part of your body.
- To switch attention from the belly, you can highlight the breasts.
- Simple but interesting clothes without deep cleavage are black dresses, classic pants, blouses, and pencil skirts.
- Those who have beautiful legs should make them their thing.
- This doesn’t necessarily mean to wear a flashy mini, but you can wear skirts or dresses that are a little higher than the knee or you can put on leggings.
4. Choose clothes a little longer than the knee or maxi length.
- When it comes to dresses, you can choose clothes with a straight cut.
- Big flowers like the one in the photo are a great choice.
- This is an example of a tight dress that highlights the problem area.
- The attempt to hide it with draping is not successful.
- A great way to hide the belly is to wear a trapezoidal dress without any tight spots.
- High-waisted dresses are a good option too.
- This way, you can wear more than just dark dresses, but you can wear more interesting things as well.
5. Use one-color blouses & shirts.
- One-color blouses and shirts won’t only let you wear something more interesting in the office, but they’re also a great option for a fun weekend out if you pick the right patterns.
6. Wear loose tops, T-shirts, & tunics.
- A loose piece of clothing on the top is a great choice if you don’t want to show your belly.
- It’s important not to be too extreme by wearing something a couple sizes too big.
- This is a popular mistake that only makes the body look bigger.
- An open jacket will finish the outfit.
7. The rise of the pants
- A high-rise will make the line from the waist to the hips smooth.
- The sides won’t be visible.
- Classic black or simple dark pants made of thick fabric can be the basic thing that holds the outfit together.
8. Forget about low-rise jeans.
- Straight jeans with a high rise are good for you.
- But you should be very careful when choosing a belt:
- If it’s too massive with a big buckle, it will ruin your look because it will attract attention to the belly area.
- That would be the opposite of what you want.
9. Wear skirts
- A pencil skirt made of thick fabric or a dark color with high-heeled shoes is another secret of how to make problem areas less prominent.
- A slightly flared skirt can be an alternative to a pencil skin.
- When choosing something like this, you can get a bright color.
- Of course, this skirt must have a high rise.
10. Wear cardigans.
- A cardigan is a universal piece of clothing.
- It goes well with pants, jeans, skirts, and dresses.
- It will create the vertical line that will straighten your body.